Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I am not lazy...just busy with life!

Back when I started my blog, I told some friends that my goal was to post several times during a week. Well, I obviously lost touch with reality! Here it is March 26, 2013, and the last time I had a post was May 22, 2012!  Yikes! Am I a slacker or what?

Being a writer by trade makes it tough to find the time to write for "fun," but I am going to try to do better. After all, there is always something interesting to write about, right?


ARC members watch as an Express Ranches employee
selects the best embryos from a beef heifer. Express Ranches
was one of the stops on our educational tour.
 
Last week I attended the Agricultural Relations Council (ARC) annual meeting in Oklahoma City. The group is made up of agriculture communications professionals from all over the U.S. During the meeting, several attendees said that they usually go back home feeling "recharged." You know what? I think they were right! When you get a room full of creative minds together, it helps you to feed off of each other to spark new ideas. You learn what works and what doesn't work, and soon you adapt those thoughts and changes to your own way of thinking. I believe we get caught up in the day-to-day world and forget that basic common sense and simplicity can often fuel a creative fire within us. 

So, I hope what I learned last week will "recharge" my battery so that I can be more consistent in my blog writings. I've got a few things up my sleeve...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment